Water Damage…What Can I Do Until Help Arrives?
At SERVPRO of Springfield / Greene County we are available 24/7/365 days a year for your water damaged home or business. When it comes to water damage quick action is crucial and a delay, even a small one can cause more serious damage to your property.
We understand that during this stressful time you need someone to walk you through this process. SERVPRO of Springfield/Greene County has the specific water damage training to walk you through the difficult and often times confusing moments following a disaster in your home or business. If you need emergency services, we recommend calling our team immediately to get this process under way 417-865-771.
Here are a few tips of what you can do before help arrives.
- Ask yourself, is it safe to stay in this home or property?
- If it is safe to stay remove any slip and fall hazards.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floor; wet materials may be heavy, be careful!
When you call our SERVPRO Representative will ask you some quick questions, these questions will help us know what equipment and tools to bring with us. Here is an example of what they will ask:
- Name & Contact Information.
- Street Address of the affected home or business.
- Insurance Information if applicable.
- Cause of water damage.
- Approximate time water damage occurred.
- Is there electricity available on site?
Once our SERVPRO Priority Responder is on-site they will walk you through the entire process of restoring your property while our highly trained technicians get to work quickly working on mitigating damage and restoring your home or business.